Friday, May 18, 2012

Husbands

So I'll have been married for 10 years in just over a month. WOW. It has been a crazy road for us, on so many levels. But I'm wondering, do you remember why you love your spouse? I was watching my husband work tonight (I don't think he noticed), and as I watched, I was thinking "Man, is he hot!" And then, "Is it weird that I still think that?" NO! I'm so hugely proud of the man my husband is. Sometimes he drives me crazy, but I love him so much. He still makes my heart race, he makes me laugh, and works so hard for my family. I'm very sure that I don't tell him those things enough, but I'm working on it.  I learn so much about myself through dealing with my husband, including how selfish I can be. I am constantly reminded of how much Jesus loves me, and how much He wants me to love my husband the same way. Is he perfect? Ummm, no. Am I perfect? Definitely not. I'm working each day to make sure my husband knows how much I love him and how thankful I am for him. Does your other half know how much you love them? Or do you just assume so? Some days it takes some effort, but I KNOW it matters to him! Sometimes I need to be reminded, and maybe you do too. So, here's your reminder! Life gets a little crazy sometimes, but thank God for the men in our lives who love us, even though WE are highly imperfect people ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment